Oh The Places You'll Go! Search It Dammit!

Monday, June 21, 2010

And Let There be Light

So if you ask the many fabulous SoCo Residents on what they do for fun, you will most likely get a laundry list of places to shop, eat, and, like we said in the 90's, "kick-it" spots. If you ask for any specifics, most likely your answers would not include such places like Sunset Blvd, Hollywood Bus Tour, Griffith Observatory. Most of us have been there at least once in our lifetimes, but have we really explored explored all that SoCo has to offer us? I've lived in Los Angeles practicaly all my life, dreaming about getting away to hot vacation spots far, far, away. I even decided that I wasn't going to live here all my life--I need to diversify, putting all my bounded dreams into different baskets. Housing is cheaper, standard cost of living is lower in other states (Most other states at least), but if I left LA today, I would be missing out on many of the things that has attracted the millions of Californian residents to pay the extra mulah to stay here in the first place. My mission this summer is to explore the region that is Southern California, dancing the nightlife, strolling the sunny sandy beaches, milking the cultural carnivals, and poking through the mecca of metropolitan diversity, home to hundreds of nationalities thrown together that is our beautiful City of Angels, in all its ugliness and beauty, and all that falls in between. If you are resourceful, touring So Cal can be reasonably priced--It takes some Googling, some curiosity, and the willingness to take risks. I can't tell you if the payoff will be worth it yet, but I will share with you my experiences along the way to finding out =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me your comments here: